Re: Setting up Debian with sound

> Yes, It's PnP.  It is listed as "Crystal PnP CODEC"

In that case there are three ways to go:
1. Get OSS (OpenSound Software). It's a program that initializes the PnP
soundcards and enables you to play sound through them. It also costs $20
2. Use isapnp and compile the sound support ito the 2.0.34 kernel. (I seem
remember that Crystal support is in the kernel somewhere).
3. Upgrade to 2.2 kernel, which has PnP support, and compile the sound
support then.

I'd rather go with 2 or, if you have some $ laying around, 1. If you can
find a non-pnp card, thats even better.
Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 Scorpio@hushmail.com