problems with apt install - possible bad packages?

I'm installing slink from scratch on a system, and I've been running
into problems.  Seems that libnet-pearl and rcs among a few others are
not coming in.  The problem exists for both netgod and debian.org.  Can
anyone debunk/verify this?  I've run dselect a bunch of time in the past
few days, and I have yet to actually finish, right now I have 22meg of
my 77meg download to finish, and thats the furthest I've gotten yet.

When attempting to get libnet-pearl it tries to connect, seems to and
waits for file, then displays "89b/s 2d" and the estimated time.  it
stays there until the connection times out.

Oh, also emacs19 gives me problems, it seems to be downloading fine, but
has yet to finish without some error or another.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu