Help - Mail: Qpopper and Outlook

I hate to say I'm using a Microsoft product-- but I am. Pocket Outlook for
my HP680 Jornada.

I have an slink debian system with qpopper on a local net at 192.168.0.1.
It has a modem on it, which I connect to wih my Palmtop using PPP. The
palmtop is assigned 192.168.0.69, and can do network stuff without a problem.

I can get my mail just fine using outlook, but I have problems when I try to
send mail. It gives me the (useful) error: "Unexpected SMTP error".

I use netscape messenger mailbox from my win95 boxes located at 192.168.0.2
and 192.168.0.3 without problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--Mike