Re: Installing devices

Matthew McFarlane wrote:

> How do I manually install an ethernet device? (ne.o)
>
> I tried "insmod ne io=0x300" or something similar (trying to remember)
> and  it said the device was busy -- how could the device be busy -- it
> hasn't been set up yet. How do I check more info about the device?
>
> Matthew McFarlane

First read the Ethernet Howto.  As you have an ne2000 card the section
on them
should be useful.  My experience of them is that I had to disable PnP on
my
card, then it worked perfectly.  (I had been getting device busy
errors.)
In answer to your point about device busy before you have installed the
card
it is usually because of an irq problem or a conflict of some kind.  If
you
have a PnP card and the PnP can't be disabled try using the dos setup
utility that came with the device.

			Peter Allen