Re: i740 video card drivers

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Bobby Carter wrote:

>     I recently installed Debian 2.1 R2 to find that it does not support the Intel740. I found drivers but they are for Redhat. I was wondering if it was possible to use those drivers ie if they are compatible. And if not if there will be drivers for Debian.
> I would really like to use Debian but I would also like to use X. =P
>
> Thanx in advance for any help you could give.

you can use the redhat ones (well, i do). from memory what i did was get
the tarball (not rpm) bundle from redhat, unpacked it, moved the X server
binary to /usr/X11/bin/X or wherever, and that was about it...

i think the source has been handed over to xfree, so the problem will go
away soon anyway (thank god).

  james.