Re: In-home networking

Robbie Huffman wrote:

> Greets all,
>
> I'm looking for some good pointers on how to configure the software for
> an in-home network. I've managed it before, but I was hoping that now
> I could find some better resources on the web. Are there any that any of
> you would recommend?

Hi Robbie,

I'm sure there are plenty of online sources, but I've managed to get a
small network up and running using a book entitled "The Linux Network"
by Fred Butzen and Christopher Hilton. It's kind of Slackware oriented
in some areas (but I received corrections from the fine people on this
list), but I found it extremely helpful in walking me through the
configuration. It gives a background on networking and the goes into
installing/configuring a network. It also covers ip-masquerading, and
connecting windows computers also. Great book!

hth
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __