Re: Linux Installation Question

John Doe wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am interested in installing the Linux OS on my Compaq Presario 2266. I also wish to retain my current OS, Windows 98. I have been to your FTP site but I am confused as to what files I need and where to place them to get Linux running.
Click on this link. It is the installation instructions for Debian
Linux. READ THEM!!! ALL!!! It will save you from a bad experience. Even
if you do not understand them at first, they will make sense as you get
into setting up your system.

http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/install

The base installation from floppy disks that you make using your windows
98 OS may be obtained from this link

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-i386/current/

Follow the instructions from the install site.
Do Not GUESS at what to do. Ask specefic questions when you do not find
your own answer.

ADVICE:
Linux is FUN, but it requires patience, perseverence and skill. Those
skills must be acquired by experience. You did not learn to use Windows
efficiently overnight, and you will not learn Linux overnight either.
Good Luck!!!
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems