Re: apt_0.3.11.deb CD error

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 fairfax@pclink.com wrote:

> I just downloaded apt 0.3.11, and it doesn't seem to recognize the CD properly.  apt-cdrom works to put lines in sources.list, but when I try to install, using either dselect or apt-get, I get a series of error messages like the following:
>
> Err cdrom:Debian GNU_Linux slink (2.1) 2_4 main binary-i386 section 2, contrib SAM19990306/ debian/dists/frozen/contrib/binary-i386/ xswallow 1.0.11-3
>   Wrong CD

Well, not to be obvious, but are you putting in the right CD? :> It wants
#2 - if that fails to help then use

apt-get -q -o debug::acquire::cdrom=true

It will print out the CD ID, compare that with the file
/var/state/apt/cdroms.list and see if the number it prints is listed, then
verify that your CD is mounting properly, and so on.

Jason