Re: chos, lilo, linux, win98, oh my!

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 06:21:19AM +0000, Dan wrote:
> That config doesn't really sound right... I mean, image=/dev/hdc1 would
> imply that the image IS that drive. Shouldn't it be something more like
> root=/dev/hdc1 or something like a lilo config? I would seriously just go to
> lilo. Can you not remove the ``chos'' package through dselect? If not, just
> remove it from the initialization scripts in /etc/init.d/
> -dan

That config is the best I could make of the example file in /usr/doc/chos.
There doesn't seem to be a root= sort of option. As for removing the package,
well, I could, but that would still leave chos installed as the bootloader.
I can't get lilo to replace it.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Many thanks,
Robbie