Re: x11amp still available?

In article <[🔎] Pine.GSO.4.05.9907051305580.17757-100000@wally.fnal.gov> you wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 fsavage@iname.com wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to xmms and I'd like to go back to x11amp.
>> xmms uses about 30% of my 233cyrix's cycles.
>
> that looks like quite consistent number. On my cyrix-333
> i usually got 18-19%.

I installed the latest unstable xmms and cpu usage
is reported as ~15% now, half of what it was.  At
30% it noticably slowed down other processes on my
233.

>> I don't
>> think x11amp used more than a couple percent.
>
> i believe it was bug in x11amp - it reports CPU usage wrongly.
> It is probably fixed by now...

Did it fool xosview as well?  The utilities I used
to monitor cpu usage all showed almost no load when
only x11amp was running.  I have no clue how
accurate any of them are though.

It's not a problem now anyhow.  Xmms is a nice
piece of work and I don't feel guilty about
letting it run in the background all the time
now.

Frank