unable to install - new user

Hallo experts on Linux,

Not with a lot of experience (i had rh6 running on a 486) , but with a lot of interest i decided to install Debian on a P166 with motherboard VX Pro+, 32 M Ram ( 16 EDO + 16 Fast Page ), with 1 Hd of 1,2 Gb (also i tried with one of 170 Mb HD, other of 400 Mb,etc.)

I tried with blanks/dos formated Hd, with Ms-dos 6.2, under W95, well, at less 20 different combinations, i read all Howto i find.. But -- always -- when instalation starts after booting kernel writes no more than 3/5 lines (i have not time to read it), and the machine reboots, and again goes to the instalation, in other cases stop after booting kernel and dont move more.

   I'm sure i'm doing something stupid, but i dont know what ¡¡. Any idea.

   any idea, thks