RE: Parallel-port CD-ROM install trouble

Did you install the parallel port drivers in the kernel?  I think the option
is under block devices.  Depending on your drive, you may need SCSI
emulation and SCSI support enabled.  I have an external HP7200e CD-Writer
that connects to a parallel port and it works great.

The devices for the parallel port cdrom would be called /dev/pcd[0,1,2,3...]
If they don't exist, there is a script in one of the kernel document files
(paride? parport?) that'll create them correctly.

Good Luck,
-Paul