Re: D-Link

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Peter Iannarelli wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> NIC card question .
>
> Does anyone know if the D-link DFE-530TX NIC
> is supported ?

VIA-Rhine driver. I have 12 machines with these in which are dual boot
NT/Linux. So far we havn't run much stuff on them in Linux mode, but in NT
mode, we run some stuff on 2 banks of 6 machines, hosted by the users
workstation which pumps data to all 6 slaves at a total rate out of the
users worksation of about 1.8MB/sec. (all over 100Mb switched ethernet).
So far so good under NT, but as soon as the boffins get the code going
under Linux then we'll see if these cards make any difference.

Gordon