Re: Samba 2.0x on Slink

*- On  7 Jul, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote about "Samba 2.0x on Slink"

> Hi,
>
> 	I need Samba 2.0.x on my Slink system. Do you know some URL where
> I can get debs for it?
> 	If not, can I compile the source from potato in a slink system?
> Some problem with this? Will it fail?
> 	Thanks,

Install http://www.debian.org/~jgg/apt_0.3.11.1_i386.deb and
add a line like the following to your apt source.list file:

deb-src http://debian.midco.net/debian potato main

Make sure you have dpkg-dev installed. Then execute the following in a
directory of your choice.

apt-get update; apt-get --compile source samba-common samba smbfsx

If all goes well and you have the appropiate -dev packages installed
for the headers then you will end up with samba-common samba and smbfsx
packages built for your system.

--
Brian