Re: windowmaker and gnome

I've never tried to put the panel in autostart, but I put the commands I
wants in .xseesion (in your case will be .xinitrc) just before exec
wmaker. I even tried the gnome-session and it worked fine, but had the
tendency of autoload more than one intances of the same apps.

For autpplacing the windows take a look at WPrefs: it will help you
configuring wmaker. One of the options is the one you are looking for.

graziano