RE: Fate strikes again

You need to kill the xdm and X processes (using ps -ax).  Then run startx.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan [mailto:danb50@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 2:12 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Fate strikes again

All right.... this is the thing though... If you do c+a+f1, then it exits,
but then if you try running `startx' it complains about the Xserver already
running... so do you think I should be typing xdm instead? I'll have to
try... I really want to reinstall GNOME... I miss it and windows is getting
fugly. :(