Re: more about garbled terminal

Do you realize that your email solved my problems?

From: Brendon Baumgartner <brendon@pangeaconsulting.com>
To: Debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: more about garbled terminal
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:29:22 -0700

Okay, I seem to have found a work around, but how can I fix it properly?

When I telnet into Debian w/CRT and I type: set | grep TERM, i get:
TERM=linux.

If I do: export TERM=vt100, emacs and dselect work fine. Without doing this,
emacs and dselect get garbled after using them for a bit and don't display
things in the correct places. How can I get it to work properly
automatically? I've never had this problem with other distributions.

I thought this might be a problem with /etc/termcap, but it doesn't exist on
my Debian box. After that I was a little confused, but there must be
something I don't know =)

Brendon