Re: DNS Lookups

The /etc/resolv.conf file contains both those servers?

From: "Rudy Broersma" <rj.broersma@tricat.nl>
To: "Debian User List" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: DNS Lookups
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:44:53 +0200

Hi,

My linux boxes can't perform DNS lookups. For example, if I want to mount an
SMB Share, I have to do something like this:

SMBMOUNT //NTSERVER/NT_SHARE /MOUNTPOINT

But all I get back is: NTServer: Unknown host.

The same happends when I ping my NTserver using his domain name: Ping
NTServer
All I get is: NTServer: Unknown hosts.

And lots of other things (linux boxes can't talk to each other!)

So, anybody knows how to set domain name servers?
My NTserver is a primary domain server, and I also got a NT Terminal Server
which is a backup domain server. They have the following IP's: 192.168.1.1
(NTserver) and 192.168.1.2 (NTTServer (terminal server)).

Thanks in advance,

Rudy

P.S.: The printing problem (banner) is solved. I added a line into my
SMB.CONF.