Module problems!

hello,
      I had been reading the Linux Device Drivers,and tried running the
first program.
#define KERNEL
#include ...
...init_module(...)

when I do insmod prog.o it says the program has been compiled to run on
kernel 2.2.5 and the running kernel is 2.2.10. Sure! I have 2.2.10 kernel
running but I am not able to understand the 2.2.5 business. Itried
installing an older kernel and recompiled it,with no useful result.Please
help!

TIA
Ramakrishnan M
World Wide Web: http://www.ee.iitm.ernet.in/~ee98m09
--
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
 left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."