Re: pppconfig-1.9beta2.0 uploaded, please test

Tadeusz Bak writes:
> Could you explain me please how can I configure separate nameservers for
> different providers?

pppconfig-1.9beta2.0 creates a resolv.conf file for each provider, places
it in /etc/ppp/resolv and puts 'ipparam providername' in the /etc/peers/
file for each provider.  Scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ and
/etc/ppp/ip-down.d/ swap the appropriate resolv.conf files in and out as
required.

You could get the source package, install the scripts, and fix up the files
by hand.  Or, you could upgrade pppconfig.

> In my /etc/resolv.conf there are IP addresses for both nameservers but
> (if I understand it correctly) only first of them is used (unless it is
> down) when I'm calling both ISPs.

Yes.  But why change it if it works?
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.