Porting Fortran apps to Debian

We are planning to port several scientific (Fortran77) applications
from HP-UX to Linux.  I have found a few examples with Redhat and
other distributions but not Debian.  In order to justify selecting
Debian, I need some successful prior examples.

If you have (or know of) a Fortran application that has been ported
to Debian, please respond with details:
	o Fortran compiler used
	o Difficulties other than applications that read/write binary
	data where the big to little-ended data transition will be
	incompatible between OS's (regardless of distribution).
	o estimate of man-hours to convert per lines of code.
	o references to web sites or journal articles if available.
TIA.

--
    Carl Greco
    cgreco@novia.net