Where is klogd instructed to dump the ring buffer into syslog?

Hi!

My Debian box seems to write the boot messages (that can be accessed
by dmesg) to the syslog on boot-up. The SuSE box at work has code to
dump this information to a file (/usr/sbin/klogd -f /var/log/boot.msg
-o) in /sbin/init.d/boot.

I am curious. Where do I find the code that does this on Debian? I
grepped for klogd in /etc but did not find explicit code to do so.

Debian has klogd 1.3-3 while SuSE has 1.3-0. Is this a new feature?

Is it possible that the explicit "dump to file" code emties the
buffers so that klogd can't log them any more when it is started as
daemon later in the boot process?

Greetings
Marc