Re: Hylafax problems

On 1999-07-04 17:46, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:

> I Get the following warning: faxrunq hasn't been run in the last 24
> hours
>
> I've been told that I have to install a cron job that calls
> faxrunq in regular intervals, as "root" user.

Yes or you can run faxrunq by hand - execute faxrunq when you have
some faxes to send out.

> Because "faxspool" will only put the job into the Queue,  but won't care
> about
> sending it out that's faxrunq's job, and cron is used to start faxrunq
> in the intervals I like.
>
> But I don't know how to install a cron job.

su
crontab -e

The format of the files (from crontab(5)) is:

              field          allowed values
              -----          --------------
              minute         0-59
              hour           0-23
              day of month   1-31
              month          1-12 (or names, see below)
              day of week    0-7 (0 or 7 is Sun, or use names)

followed by a command, all on a single line.  You should have the cron
and crontab pages as part of the cron package.

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			Phone: 	781.938.5272 (home)
687 Main Street, 2nd Floor	Fax: 	781.938.6641 (fax/modem)