Networking Question

Hi everyone:

I've got another question (or two). I've been trying to get networking
setup and I seem to be on the right track. I have a book entitled "The
Linux Network" and I've managed to get my two systems to ping each
other. In fact, they're doing it right now. It's so cool to see those
little lights on my hub blink! Anyway, I manually entered in a bunch
of stuff with ifconfig and route on each computer, and now I guess I
need to create some scripts to do it automagically (?) when I
boot. The book refers to two files: /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 and
/etc/rc.d/rc.inet2. The book ships with Slackware, so I guess it's
Slackware specific in this sense. Where do I write the necessary
scripts to configure networking?

Also, if I seem to be leaving anything out (as in, if by just getting
my systems to ping each other, I might be off-track on getting this
going) please let me know.

I'm going to go grab a beer to celebrate...

tia
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __