Q: Proxy server + Tranparent Proxy + Forwarding

I have a home network with about six computers on it.
I have been able to setup transparent proxy services for a squid server
along with masqing,that we use to dial onto the net with.
what I would like to do is find a way to use my local news server in the
same way that I do the proxy.
I have a news server that goes out and get the news. So this machine
needs to have access to the net for nntp. So what I would like to have
this do is all machines but the local news server to be forced to use
the local news server.
i.e. I may put  anews.server.com into my configuration. I then forwards
it to the local news server.
What this does for me is allow control over what the kids get to have
for news (i.e. alt.pics.*)
I have set up a number of  firewall rules that just don't seem to work.
I am using 2.2 kernel along with potato (updated daily)

So I am also using a simular config that was used to setup the
transproxy server
along with a forward rule from the  port that I redirected to to push it
over to news server

$IPCHAINS -A input -p TCP -d 192.168.1.6/32 www -j ACCEPT
$IPCHAINS -b -A input -p TCP -d 192.168.1.1/32 nntp -j ACCEPT
$IPCHAINS -A input -p TCP -d 0/0 www -j REDIRECT 3128
$IPCHAINS -A input -p TCP -d 0/0 nntp -j REDIRECT 8282
$IPCHAINS -A forward -p TCP -d 192.168.1.6/32 8282 -s 192.168.1.1/32
nntp -j ACCEPT

If anyone has a clue please let me know. I have looked through the masq
FAQ's as well as the ipchains FAQ.
I saw some things that looked just like I have here.
Thanks

--
    Philip S. Hempel  mailto:pshempel@linuxhardcore.com
A work in progress to build a site that will allow businesses