Re: color in emacs terminal

:-> "Marco" == Marco Melgazzi <marco@ecmarket.com> writes:

    > Hello
    >>> Can emacs do color when in "terminal mode" like mutt, ls,
    >>> dselect, etc. can?  I've become addicted to font-lock-mode and
    >>> I'd like to do something similar even when I have to use it
    >>> windowless (or in an xterm, anyway).

    -> I know xemacs can I don't know about gnu emacs.

    > GNU emacs can as well, I wrote the ansi colorization/directory tracking
    > part for term.el many months ago. I don't think it would work in an
    > xterm though.

ok, how do I get this options always on? I have it active when in X
but not in the console. Xemacs has it active both in X and in console.
For  some reasons I don't want to use xemacs.....

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.10 #1 Tue Jun 15 21:03:12 CEST 1999 i586 unknown