Re: X won't start

Bob Nielsen bombs his X after a bout of kernel compilation:

> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> giving up.
> xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect > to X server
> xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

This is a problem which can bug U.  I had gone thru a similar phase and
I narrowed down the problem.

See whether U have compiled the UDP socket as a module. This
should not have been compiled as a module but it has to be built-in
to the kernel.

My reasoning is like this if I am not being a fool of myself. The kmod
stuff removes your udp.o module if you have not started your X server
for a period of time.  How can the Xserver connect to the udp socket now
? Try starting X after U 'insmod udp'.  Lo and behold has it come up..??

Hope this is of some help.

ragOO, VU2RGU.                         PGP Key 1024/1A747CB1
Fingerprint: 61 CD 0F 96 7A 94 4F F6 F0 42 1B 6D C0 A4 24 CF
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux