Re: port redirection

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 01:46:56 -0700, Nate wrote:
>
> >> I use statements like
> >>
> >>   ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L $EXT_IP pop-3 -R $INT_IP pop-3
> >
> >ipmasqadm is a potato thingy.  I'm still doing slink.  Do you know how
>
> Ooops. Sorry. Can't you just upgrade the necessary packages Debian 2.1 level?
>
> >I can accomplish this with slink and kernel 2.0.36?  I'm still
> >trying stuff out with ipfwadm.  Does this sound feasible?
>
> To the best of my knowledge port forwarding wasn't available in stock 2.0.x
> kernels. There MIGHT however be a patch to provide port forwarding, but I
> don't know whether it really exists.

There is a patch available. You can find it here
http://www.ox.compsoc.org.uk/~steve/portforwarding.html

I think it's packaged somewhere in the Debian distribution... *checks
package listing* yes it is. You can find it here:
http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/net/ipportfw.html

Hope that helps

Dan