Re: QUICK RESPONSE PLEASE: onboard video?

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 12:17:04PM +0800, Paul Harris wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am looking to buy a new system but I need to know if linux supports the
> onboard video and sound that comes with the slot 1 boards (this one is
> Intel).

The only way to tell is to find out what chipset (brand AND model) the
motherboard uses and then go look it up over ot www.xfree86.org (or just do
a dejanews search).  I'm not aware of any recent Intel chipset that normally
comes with on board video (although one should be coming out shortly) so
they may not have told you the truth.  FWIW if it's not compatable you can
still add a cheap video card (<$40) and probably get better performance
anyway.  On the other hand, most motherboards that have built in video are
cheap junk in many other respects so maybe it's not worth it.

--
Ray