Re: LILO: Multiple drives (SCSI and IDE) LINUX and Windows

In article <[🔎] 375FE0BC.6616752C@linuxhardcore.com> you write:

> Now I had already though of that but the way the bios implementations
> are setup if you do tell it to boot off the SCSI as the boot device than
> you end up not being abe to boot of of the floppy disks..
> The reason for this concern was I told my father that things would not
> be any different for him but to just have to type linux (that part I
> have yet to get to) to get into linux. Other than that he just hast to
> let lilo start windows. And if he decides to boot of a floppy (which he
> does regularly) he can just do that.
> Thanks. again

Have you tried xfdisk?  (http://home.pages.de/~xfdisk)
It's free and very easy to use, but yet powerful and a lot nicer than the
lilo boot prompt.  My dad likes it!  And it offers the possibility to boot
off a floppy!

Bye,
 Andy.

--