RE: ICQ

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I have used the lick deb in the Debian distro to install licq. It
> works fine on my potato box. Maybe you should install using the lick
> deb instead of compiling it yourself? That is if you are running
> Debian of course.

Unless you want to play with the beta versions, the potato deb (correctly)
sticks with the latest stable.

If you're still running slink, you'll probably want to compile the latest
for yourself anyway, since slink stays with 0.44 (latest stable is 0.61,
beta is 0.70f). If you only want to upgrade slink to the version in
potato, you might want to compile from the debianized sources.

> The only problems I have with lick is that it easily "forget" settings
> you channge (and sometimes recently added users). What I have done is
> to edit the config files manually, since lick doesn't seem to write to
> them properly at times.

After you change the options, do you pick "Save Options"?

> On 27-Jun-99 The FreeStuff Web Ring wrote:
> > I've been trying to install Licq, but it doesn't seem to be working, any
> > suggestion? I keep getting "char" errors during make.  It configures
> > just fine.  I have gtkicq installed but I don't like that one very much.

Could you post the actual errors, as well as the version of licq you're
trying to compile?