Re: emacs' delete behaviour changed?

:-> "Matthew" == Matthew Gregan <kinetik@ihug.co.nz> writes:

    > On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 09:00:12PM +0200, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
    >> Did someone else notice that emacs in potato doesn't differentiate
    >> delete and backspace keys any more, as it did in slink?

    > Yep. Take a look in the changelog in /usr/doc/emacs20 and you'll
    > see why.  I can't remember the exact reason, but it was because
    > the old behavior was breaking parts of Emacs.

thanks, I looked at the changelog, decided it's not my case and
applied the appropriate correction at my .emacs file.

What about adding a configuration option at install time? Say
"Hey user, if you use only PC-style keyboards I can configure the
del-key for you"

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.10 #1 Tue Jun 15 21:03:12 CEST 1999 i586 unknown