Setting up i740 X Server?

Okay, I've dlded the i740 drivers for X, I've set up a link from
XBF<whatever> (the i740 driver) and X and that works.  But startx still
won't run if I crank the res higher than 640x480 8-bit.  What else do
I need to do?

Thanx.

BTW, I'm officially an idiot.  The reason my mouse wasn't working when
it did before is that I recently recompiled my kernel and forgot mouse
support.  Oops. :/

-------------- Revenant [revenant@interact.net.au] -------------------
"The whole principle is wrong; it's like demanding that grown men live
on skim milk because the baby can't eat steak."
- author Robert A. Heinlein on censorship.