RE: QT 2.00

On 27-Jun-99 The FreeStuff Web Ring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to ./configure QT 2.00 but it won't seem to work.  This is
> the error I'm getting:
>
> The environment variable $QTDIR is not set correctly.  It is currently
> set to "", but it should be set to this directory, which is
> "/usr/local/qt".
>
> I have all ready edited .profile to add in the correct settings, they
> were copied and pasted directly from the QT INSTALL file, as directed.
> Anyone have any suggestions on this?

tar zxvf qt-2.00.tar.gz
cd qt-2.00
export QTDIR=`pwd`
./configure -sm -system-zlib -system-libpng
make
copy the files in ./lib to /usr/local/lib
copy the files in ./man to /usr/local/man
copy the programs to /usr/local/bin
edit /etc/ld.so.conf and ensure that /usr/local/lib is listed
(one item per line)
as root run ldconfig

come back and play w/ examples.