Nameserver activity

Hi,

I user an isdn dialup network with two isdn ppp interfaces for
connections to the ISP and to an IBM host on two telephone lines.

1. I get spontaneous nameserver requests (port) without doing anything.
2. When I connect to the IBM host there is a nameserver request (to the
ISP) AFTER dialing the number for ippp1 on the other line.

There is an independent route to the mainframe.

ifconfig ippp0 blabla .. (ISP)
route add default ippp0

ifconfig ippp1 ... pointopoint 10.18.1.2
route add <ibm_host> gw 10.18.1.2 ippp1

This is repeated in the ip-up-script for the real ip address.

Klaus