how to burn CD with IDE/ATAPI CD-RW burner?

Hi,

I am trying to burn CDs using Mitsumi CR-2600-TE which is IDE/ATAPI cd
reader/writer.

1)  ISO-9660 image is made with
	mkisofs -r -D -o /tmp/local.iso /usr/local -x /usr/local/lost+found
    which produces CD image file 'local.iso'.

2)  'SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices' is loaded
    during boot with
	/sbin/modprobe ide-scsi
    as 'CD-Writing-HOWTO' says, since I don't have SCSI machine or
    kernel.

3)  But, I can't seem to get my CD-RW recognized by the system.  Trying
	cdrecord -scanbus
    produces
	Cdrecord release 1.6.1 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Jörg Schilling
	cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.

If anyone successfully used IDE/ATAPI cd-rw device with basic
IDE/ATAPI kernel (+ whatever modules), I would appreciate very much if
you could give me some pointers.

	Yours truly,
	William Park