Re: hostname lookup failure

tf wrote:

> hey all
>
> running eximconfig, and also startx, results in a hostname lookup failure.  Can someone give me a hint?
> -t

First place I'd look is the /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts files.  They
should have something along these lines:

/etc/hostname:
myhostname

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1   localhost
5.10.15.20  myhostname.mydomainname  myhostname

I just went through a similar thing where neither apache nor lpd would
start because of my own misconfiguration.

If those look right, it's probably time to look at /etc/resolv.conf and
bind...
Out, damned spot!
Out, spot, out!
      -- Shakespeare for First Grade