Re: Flushing the slink question cache

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 10:27:41PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've come up with a bunch of practical questions around the Debian Slink
> distribution:

Hello,

I'll try to answer a few of them:

>  2) /cdrom isn't given an entry in /etc/passwd after a fresh install,
>     even if it has been used during all the installation and there
>     is a /cdrom directory for it: this is a note for the next
>     installation procedure

While you probably meant /etc/fstab, this would be a useful feature.

>  5) On a server I installed (hamm upgraded to slink), the wwwoffle
>     daily maintenance script happen to kill the wwwoffle daemon; I
>     didn't happen to discover why is it doing this, and I can't just
>     work around it putting /etc/init.d/wwwoffle start as the last
>     line in the maintenance script because I can't guess what state
>     wwwoffle was before being killed (e.g. online, offline,
>     autodial)

It doesn't here (also upgraded from hamm to slink). The script simply
calls wwwoffle -purge. Maybe there's a wwwoffle.dpkg-dist file in
/etc/cron.daily.

>  8) I've never been able to use the multi_cd access method of
>     dselect: I always happen to see only the contents of the first
>     cd, while with apt I need every cd mounted to see them both. For
>     the former, I know it's my fault, for the latter I understood I
>     have to wait for potato to be able to use apt with multiple cd:
>     am I right? And for multi_cd, what's the right way of operation?
>     I have never been asked for the second CD.

When setting up (or was it updating?) multi_cd, you have to insert the
_last_ binary CD of your set.

HTH, Robert

--
Robert Vollmert                                      rvollmert@gmx.net