Re: crystal sound on dell

> I have a del xps R400 system that has onboard crystal sound system.
> I have not sucessfully installed a driver that works with my sound
> card.   Does anyone have   any success with the sound system and any
> kernel?  Thanks for any help.
> -- --
> Joel Keating
> jkeating@execpc.com
> http://www.execpc.com/~jkeating

As far as I remember, Crystal card is supported in 2.0.x + kernels. At
least I saw it in config modes for 2.2 kernel. So waht you need to do is
install kernel-source package and configure the sound using card data you
can get from windows. Then compile your kernel, and you are done.

Andrei

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 Scorpio@hushmail.com
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu