Debian not talking to network

I'm setting up a network at home and have gotten the router setup and
given the IP addresses to their machines, but my debian box won't talk to
the network.  Oddly enough, the windows box will, so I know the router is
setup correctly.  In order to do that though, I had to change the frame
type from auto to Ethernet 802.2.  I can't get my linux box to ping the
router, nor get it to send out any packets that I can see.  Does anyone
have any ideas of things to try to get my debian box talking to the rest
of the network?  Any help would be appreciated.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."