Re: SVGA/NVidia patches (Re: Text cursor disappears in Emacs)

   Andreas Voegele <andreas.voegele@gmx.de> writes:

   > Since the last update of my systems the text cursor disappears in GNU
   > Emacs 20.3-8 under X11.  The problem maybe has something to do with the
   > syntax highlighting.  Above colored parts of the text the cursor is
   > visible.

   I see this as well, since at least the xserver-svga 3.3.3.1-6 version (4
   June), on my Diamond Viper 550 AGP card... it's truly, truly annoying;
   it may sound apocolyptic but I haven't been able to do any local work on
   this system--Emacs is pretty much unusable if you can't see the cursor!
   I've tried updating to each new server version, including the latest
   3.3.3.1-9, but nothing helps.

   There were no followups to this note; does anyone have a solution?

yep...

downloaded compiled server from ftp.xfree86.org and replaced XF86_SVGA which
came with .deb. Now it works just fine

OK