Re: Testing the system

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Sami Dalouche wrote:

> Is there a way to test all the files on a sytem like the RPM can ?
> when I type rpm Va, it checks all the file on the system and reports
> missing files, broken files....
> Cruft does a part of the job but not the entire !

Salmi

It is not clear what you are asking.  Do you mean check for broken
packages? I find this line in dpkg --help

	 dpkg -C|--audit          check for broken package(s)

I used this on my home 2.0 system with the following results:

Bilbo:/etc/chatscripts# dpkg -C
The following packages have been unpacked but not yet configured.
They must be configured using dpkg --configure or the configure
menu option in dselect for them to work:
 w3-el                Hypertext (World Wide Web) browser for emacs.
 emacs20-el           GNU Emacs LISP (.el) files.

The following packages are only half configured, probably due to
problems configuring them the first time.  The configuration should
be retried using dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu
option in dselect:
 emacs20              The GNU Emacs editor.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)