Re: Getting there

> I am sitting here now on my Debian box listening to NetRadio having X11Amp
> ready, all in all, I have a new envoironemt to work in that in many ways is
> just as appealing as my Windows environment was, except for the fact that this
> one is much more stable and looks soooo much better than MS Windows does
> (thanks to WindowMaker!).
>
> And then I have to miss two essential tools:
>
> 1. A stable www browser.
Hum...
> 2. A multi account email program.
OK

> 1. Netscape doesn't even need many comments. It us unstable and full of bugs
> under Linux. It works, but it does crash, alot! Always has under Linux. And I
> do not want lynx! :)
Me too ! I think there's no good web browser under Linux !!!!!
Netscape is bad under Windoze and worse under Linux !!

> 2. Linux people tell me to use mutt or pine or elm or whatever, but I do
> not want that. I want something like Outlook Express, The Bat! or even Eudora.
> But there is no such thing! A combo consisting of XFmail, exim and
> fetchmail is the only solution that comes close to those Win MUA's in my
> opinion.
You can use fetchmail + exim (+procmail if needed) + mh + exmh too ! Exmh
is a good tcl tk frontend for mh. I's efficient, quick.. The only matter is
that it doesn't generate unix mbox but mh dir's mboxes.

Then there is email software connected to Gnome and KDE. I do not want
> that either. Is Linux going to become "worse" than Windows, because you will
> have to choose a desktop environment you do not really like because it comes
> with "must have" apps? I hope not.... Help me out here! :)
No !! For ex., if u want balsa, you have just to install balsa, the
libgnome and a few things. But all the desktop, panel... musn't be installed !