Re: A few questions from a newbie.

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 07:49:32PM +0100, Frankie wrote:
> If there is not an x11amp package in slink, then a solution would be to download the
> (debianised) source and compile it. Almost all of the debian sources (in my
> experience) seem to compile straight away, with no problems. This way the package
> would only require whatever version of the libraries you have in your system (glibc
> 2.0 in slink, unless you have inadvertently upgraded your libraries to glibc2.1 when
> you got x11amp).

Well, then I have a question.  I had the .debian-ized source for a program
that required a newer lib than I had.  I compiled it, but it still claimed
to need the lib anyway.  I used a --force option to install it in the end,
and it worked fine.

Is that the way it should have been done?

Ciao!

--
Tuco: (reading a letter) See you soon idi... idi
Blondie: Idiots. It's for you.

The Doctor What: Need I say more?           http://www.gerf.org/~docwhat/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC