more on ssl telnet sessions

hello all !
  ok, i should get kicked in the butt for not consulting the new in.telnetd man page that also got installed w/ ssltelnet ...  but i havent found this in the man page anywhere ...
  is it still possible to display whatever is it thats in ur /etc/issue.net when ur running ssl telnet ?  (both w/ or w/o the "-s secure" option"

TIA,
Chad