Re: Device Driver Problem Again

Phil Wu wrote:

> I still haven't got the answer about how to configuring device drivers
> for my computer.
> Could anyone tell me how to chose the modules when I run "modconf". Or
> where to get the install guide for this problem.
>
> Thanks!
>
> My hardware as below:
>
> quantum 7.4G IDE HD
> 1.44Mb Floppy Disk
> 8 Mb Leadtek Winfast 3D L2300 Vedio card
> 128Mb Ram
> Atapi IDE CD-ROM

phil,

if you`re on the way of installing slink, then i see no necessity to
install any driver. during installation your quantum and your cd-rom
should be recognized, and the standard-kernel supports - afaik - both.

one problem could be your video-card, if you decide to configure X with
XF86Setup. this card is unknown to me and i don`t know, if it`s
supported. but for the moment, the normal vga mode should work.

hafi