Re: pine 4.10 .deb

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

> A couple months ago somebody from this list got permission to distribute
> the modified Pine binary in .deb format.  He made this file available for
> ftp.  Does anybody know where I can get this file?  I checked the list
> archives and found lots of discussion regarding Pine, but I couldn't find
> a link to the actual file.  I know it exists because I downloaded it for
> my home machine at one point.

i don't know about a binary deb, but the source packages are available
from your favorite Debian mirror, in the debian/project/experimental
directory.
1) download the foo.orig.tar.gz, foo.diff.gz, and foo.dsc files
2) dpkg-source -x foo.dsc
3) cd foo
4) debian/rules binary (as root, or sudone or fakerooted)
5) dpkg -i ../foo.deb