Re: OPL3SAX SOUND BOARD

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 11:39:18AM +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:
> "People" <people@aguianet.com.br> writes:
>
> > PLEASE
> > GIVE-ME OPL3SAX SOUND BOARD
>
> Sorry but it seems like you caps lock i broken.
>
> OPL3-SAx works almost perfect with the new 2.2.x kernels. Grab a
> kernel source read the Documentation/sound/OPL3SAx, compile and be
> happy.

I've got this eXtensa 390 (Acer/TI) with OPL3-SAx chipset, and I'm not yet
able to make it work with Linux.
I've used isapnp with the same parameters as the Windows95 driver, but every
time I use MS Sound System (i.e. playing or recording a sample) the kernel
freezes. The mixer works (I can listen to the CD and modify the mixer
settings) but nothing else...
There seems to be no IRQ, DMA or IO ports conflict, so I haven't got a clue.

Ciao,
Illo.

Ilario Nardinocchi, illo@CS.UniBO.IT - Computer Science Adept since 1982
                    illo@mclink.it

Know-nothing-bozo rule:
The views expressed above are entirely mine and do not represent the views,
policy or understanding of any other person or official body.