Re: R: raid

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> >I am using debian 2.1 <snip>
> >I would like to set-up a RAID-1 array of 2 IDE drives (on separate
> >controllers).
> a raid software may be slow.....hmmm especialy ide raid
> it's not a good idea for system performance

Excuse me jumping on here as I too have been considering this kind of
configuration for extra stability.

 Would system performance be poor if only
/etc and /home/~ were reading from and writing to both disks using raid1
(assuming this is possible) ?

Any comments and suggestions most appreciated

angus claydon