Re: ATI Rage Fury / Rage Pro

Which do you mean, Rage Fury or Rage Pro?  They are two separate cards,
or not?

Yep, I have been using mine for 5 months now, since I got it.  Actually,
what kernel or distribution that you have does not have much to do with
wether or not your card is supported.  What matters is wether your X
server supports it.  You can check xfree86.org for card info.  This card
uses the mach64 X server.  The mach64 takes up a lot of memory-- may I
say that 34MB is rather bloated??  I run in 1024x768 @ 32bit on my 8MB
AGP ATI 3D Rage Pro.  It has run on kernel 2.0.36, 2.1.x, and now on
2.2.9.

Matthew McFarlane wrote:

> can it be done, has anyone? any pointers?
>
> Matthew McFarlane
>
> --

Wim Kerkhoff
kerkhoff@uniserve.com
www.canadianhomes.net/wim
begin:vcard
n:Kerkhoff;Wim
tel;fax:604-795-2935
tel;home:604-795-7419
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.canadianhomes.net/wim
adr:;;43810 Chilliwack Mountain Road;Chilliwack;BC;V2R 4A1;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:kerkhoff@uniserve.com
title:Student
note:http://www.canadianhomes.net/wim